mercredi 11 mai 2011

T-Connection - Pure & Natural 1982 CD



3 commentaires:

Thierry a dit…

Merci Philfunk

C. M. Chileshe a dit…

I was completely oblivious to the existence of T-connection until "Girl Watching" brought the group very firmly to my attention. Relying entirely on the radio DJ's choice of tracks meant "Girl Watching" and "Goombay Time" were all I knew of T-connection, but so impressed was I with the former track that I felt my collection was incomplete until I had this album! I purchased a copy of this CD mid 2005 - about 20 years later!!

The biggest difficulty I find with the 'oldies' is that tracks you were not into at the time, or were simply not familiar with have an even more difficult task of winning you over in the later years because they sound somewhat dated and obviously do not have that "good ol' memories" card to play! In otherwords, they have to be VERY GOOD to impress!

Well, this album stands up to this scrutiny and more!!

"Pure & Natural" has been quite an eye opener for me regarding what T-connection is all about!! I had the group down as uptempo disco beats but I now stand corrected. T-connection are actually better at the mid-tempo stuff! - and that's got to be saying something!

"The best of my love" is superb and has a timeless ring to it - the sort that you simply love forever. "A little more love" does not disappoint and "Slippin' away" is simply outstanding!

If the reader is going to pick ONE T-connection album to add to their collection from a list that includes even the ubiquitous "best of" compilations, then "Pure & Natural" would be my uncontested recommendation.

Pros: Not a one track album! Excellent composition, timeless melodies, superb mid-tempo and slow tracks and if that is not enough, features "Girl Watching"!

Cons: May not suit those after uptempo "dance classics" only.

Verdict: This album does not disappoint if you are as much into your dance classics as your mid-tempo and slow grooves! GET IT!

philfunk a dit…

Ma source:

http://soulfunkjazz.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/t-connection-pure-natural-1982/

Merci soulfunkjazz